On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 5:42 AM, John Molohan <john.molo...@gcd.ie> wrote:

> Thanks :)
>> And support for to stream mp4's might be nice.  Unfortunately I haven't
>> found how to realtime encode and stream to the iPod however pre-encoded
>> file play fine when accessed from a direct link to the file on  the server.
>>
> My guess is that the webserver will call mencoder/ffmpeg and convert on
> the fly.
>> "http://freevo/file.mp4"; for instance.
> That's good to know, I hadn't used the ipod touch much and I haven't
> converted video for it but I'll do some trials and see how it goes.
> Forgive my ignorance here but what's the process for creating aac audio
> files, LAME? I know it supports mp3s but as I said any time I click on a
> download link in my test it locks up my ipod, just wondering if an aac
> encoded file would do the same.

I usually Just use iTunes in Virtualbox to do that and manage
my iPod.  But you would wan faac.

Later

Jonathan

ASUS m3a78 mothorboard
AMD Athlon64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.1Ghz
4 Gigabytes of memory
Gigabyte NVidia 9400gt  Graphics adapter
Kworld ATSC 110 TV Capture Card
Kworld ATSC 115 TV Capture Card