hi,

why there was no kaa-imlib2 release?

Is it completely fine to use freevo 1.9.0 with kaa-imlib2  0.2.4 ?

a.

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 01:32:00PM -0400, Jason Tackaberry wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> kaa.base 0.6.0, kaa.metadata 0.7.6, and kaa.display 0.1.0 are now
> available for download at:
>
>    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=46652
>
> MD5 sums:
>
> 5fdac0492dbbb412c2cafe32ea8c60a8  kaa-base-0.6.0.tar.gz
> 963fb09c2031e8110ddbb38d015c9611  kaa-metadata-0.7.6.tar.gz
> 3a45f583b9b885aab8671b63b0f757cf  kaa-display-0.1.0.tar.gz
>

> kaa.base 0.6.0
> --------------
>
> kaa.base is an LGPL-licensed generic application framework, providing
> the foundation for other modules within Kaa, and can be used in any type
> of project, from small event-driven tools, to larger, complex
> applications.
>
> As of 0.6.0, we consider the API to be "slushy."  Unless there are
> compelling reasons, we will not be changing the API until post-1.0.
> This may well be the last release before a 1.0 preview release.
>
> Documentation is now available online:
>
>    http://doc.freevo.org/api/kaa/base/
>
> Release notes:
>
>     * Final round of incompatible API changes before a 1.0 release.  See
>       API_CHANGES for details.
>     * New class IOChannel, which provides advanced, asynchronous I/O to
>     * anything
>       that can be represented as a file descriptor (pipes, sockets, files,
>       etc.)
>     * kaa.Process rewrite Began documentation (under doc/); core functionality
>     * is almost fully documented.  Asynchronous tasks may now be aborted via
>     * InProgress.abort(); this
>       (especially) includes coroutines and threads.
>     * New base class kaa.Object from with most kaa classes (those which
>       provide signals) derive.
>     * Other core improvements and bug fixes.
>

> kaa.metadata 0.7.6
> ------------------
>
> kaa.metadata is a powerful media metadata parser. It can extract
> metadata (such as id3 tags, for example) from a wide range of media
> files. Attributes like codec, length, resolution, audio/video/subtitle
> tracks, and chapters are also available.
>
> Very preliminary documentation is available online:
>
>    http://doc.freevo.org/api/kaa/metadata/
>
> Release notes:
>
>         * Experimental exiv2 based parser for all images
>         * Enhance exception handling
>         * Make parser more robust
>

> kaa.display 0.1.0
> -----------------
>
> kaa.display provides low level support for various displays, such as X11
> or framebuffer. The X11Display and X11Window classes are available for
> managing X11 windows, with optional support for Imlib2 (render Imlib2
> images to X11 windows) and pygame (render Imlib2 images to pygame
> surfaces).
>
> Release notes:
>
>         * Initial release.
>

> Cheers,
> Jason.

Andrea Mennucc

"The EULA sounds like it was written by a team of lawyers who want to tell
me what I can't do, and the GPL sounds like it was written by a human
being who wants me to know what I can do."
Anonymous,    http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/420