On 28/10/2010 16:36, Stephen Rowles wrote:
> On 27/10/2010 21:35, John Molohan wrote:
>> I did want to redesign the web remote to make it look a bit more native
>> when used on a phone which is the most likely use case. I'll just have
>> to try find a few precious free minutes :). I think it's worth it unless
>> someone can whip up a native android remote in the mean time?
>>
>> I think it's probably a good idea to post your announcement to the users
>> list too.
>>
>> John
> I can write Anrdoid apps (I've written one or two, nothing I've
> published yet), but the talking to Freevo point has always been
> something I've wondered about.
I've been using xmbc's Android remote for the last week or so and I have
to say it's great. I've had the Microsoft IR remotes for the last few
years but being able to control your media centre from your phone is
much handier and saves on buying a dedicated remote. If you can get one
written for freevo it'd be a fantastic addition.
> So assuming someone could write android apps... and I'm not saying I
> have any time to write one.. but assuming I was going to try and write
> one, how would I go about talking to Freevo? Any pointers on talking to
> Freevo from Java? (or indeed has someone done it already and I can look
> at the code?).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steve.
I was wondering the same myself. I'll try have a look over the wiki or
the code if I get some time, if I find anything I'll let you know.

John