2010/12/8 Adam Charrett <a...@dvbstreamer.org>

> On Tue, 7 Dec 2010, Alberto Hernando wrote:
>
>  Hi.
>>
>> Since an update a few days ago, I can't generate thumbnails in videos.
>> Right now I'm using latest svn for kaa and freevo, and
>> this is what I get in videothumb.log when I try to generate a thumbnail:
>>

> Looks like an issue with your installed version of Kaa, is this a released
> version or a svn version?

Hi.

It's latest svn version, as said in the first message. I installed the
latest released version of kaa (more the one year old), and freevo builds
but doesn't start, failing like this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/main.py", line 114, in
<module>
    import menu    # The menu widget class
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/menu.py", line 38, in
<module>
    import skin
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/skin/__init__.py", line 132,
in <module>
    get_singleton()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/skin/__init__.py", line 74,
in get_singleton
    exec('import skins.' + config.SKIN_MODULE + '.' + config.SKIN_MODULE + '
as skinimpl')
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/skins/main/main.py", line
39, in <module>
    from area import Skin_Area
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/skins/main/area.py", line
60, in <module>
    from skin_utils import *
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/skins/main/skin_utils.py",
line 46, in <module>
    thread_pool = kaa.ThreadPool()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ThreadPool'

Probably freevo needs some newer things. Reinstalling kaa-svn and rebuilding
freevo, and everything is again as before.

best,
Alberto

--
duende a rayas