I'm interested; though I'd like to see what happens with Xiph before
going further. I'm sure that whatever happens with encoding, it'll
involve either pipes or some other way of specifying how to encode.

The big problem is tagging; we have Python libraries for writing Ogg
and ID3v2.4 tags, but I haven't seen anything for FLAC.

Aubin