The G400 is the best documented, and hence has the best driver support
under Linux. It's not being produced by Matrox anymore, and while
there is preliminary TV out support for the new G450/G550 cards, it's
not as good, quality-wise, nor as well documented.

Other cards like the Nvidia, ATI and other Matrox cards will work
(basically, if you can use TV out under Linux, it'll work) but the
G400 is the best option.