I just installed a PVR250 last night as well and didn't have to patch or
recompile my kernel either.  I also had to set the tuner input to 4
instead of the stated 0.  I actually found the mythtv docs had some
helpful information on setting the card up as well.  These are the docs
I found helpful:

http://ivtv.sourceforge.net/FAQ.html
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-19.html#pvr250

        Mark Nysen

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 10:06, Aubin Paul wrote:
> If this is the PVR250, I didn't need to patch my kernel at all; just
> extract the firmware, build the modules, and modprobe them. The only
> weirdness was that the documentation claims that the tuner input is
> input 0, but in my card, it was 4.
>
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 09:13:41AM -0700, Ralph Buchanan wrote:
> > Cool Simon,
> >   I just bought a WinTV 250 to replace my old ADS Channel Surfer bttv
> > card. I tried installing the WinTV card last night but I'm having driver
> > issues. Did you have to recompile your kernel with the ivtv drivers as
> > modules? Any pointers on setting this WinTV card up would be
> > appreciated. What did you have to do to get your WinTV card to function?
> >
> > Ralph

> > > i have a 350 and it is working
> > > i don't have it working with tv-out - but then again i haven't tried
> > > i have a epia-m9000 motherboard
> > > i have got the hauppauge supplied remote to work
> > > i have playing CDs working
> > > i have playing DVDs working
> > > i got SP/DIF output working last night
> > >
> > > i will answer questions that people might have
> > > for what it is worth - i also got mythtv working last night
> > > and i have been playing with freevix
> > >
> > > the picture quality with freevo is much better that i get with mythtv
> > > but as i said i only got it working last night
> > >
> > > so to answer your question
> > > it seems like a good card
> > > it gets quite hot
> > > the remote is good
> > > the cpu load (with freevo) is low - with mythtv is is 85%
> > >
> > > only issue is that it is bleeding edge - so stuff is moving very rapidly
> > > but then again - that is a good thing
> > > --
> > > simon

Mark Nysen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>