Currently finishing off installing my gentoo system, compiling the kernel at
the moment (I have a feeling it won't be the last time I do it for this
system).
The hardware I have is a Radeon 7000 (for tv output), a wintv 878 based card
with a remote control and a a cheapo cmi8738 soundcard.
The machine will be used for watching tv, playing dvd's and divx's
primarilly.

What kernel options/patches should I be using?
I've made sure to enable stuff for the most blatantly obvious but there is
always something you miss.
Are there any required kernel patches for the above hardware so they can be
used under freevo?
BTW, not wanting to use X, I don't want to wait forever and a day for the
thing to compile and if it can be done with the framebuffer then I see no
reason to have X on my system.

Thanks

Mark