Hi all,

I've been subscribed to the freevo list for a while in an attempt to avoid having to ask stupid questions about setting up freevo...

But...

I have freevo 1.3.2pre4 running... although with out tuner or tv out... which is my problem... (forget the tv tuner for now I think I can sort that one myself) the tv out with the DXR3 is giving me a real headache... I've been using linux for years now but not really done anything in the way or kernel/driver stuff (compling the odd app or util I can do). The docs at http://dxr3.sourceforge.net/howto.html#compiling go on about changing KERNEL_LOCATION to wherever you current kernel source tree is... (REDHAT 9 by the way) but the problem is i've installed newer kernels via redhat network and the src option was turned off (Plus my system is an old BP6 dual processor so I have both SMP and single pro kernels) and I really don't know where to start looking for a 2.4.20-19.8 or .9 smp kernel source in either my own distro (lib would be my guess) or on the net... and I have been looking on and off for the past few days...

Can I not get a precompled driver as a module?

Did I read in the mailing list that it is supported in the run time now? So does that mean I don't need to mess about with all this driver compliation?

Cheers,

Mark