Hi,

I don't want to scare people off because i only encountered some minor
things when installing and setting up freevo 1.3.4. It works great and
in fact playing a dvd with xine is now do-able on an M9000 epia. ;-)
Fantastic A/V sync and only 60% cpuload, with mplayer it was hitting
the  ceiling. Looking forward to see the xine-pvr plugin in action
Aubin. Great work guys.

But..

When freevo is started from runlevel 3, hence without a user mmpython
crashes: Not sure if this is a bug or a feature. ;-) It did work with
previous releases.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "src/main.py", line 123, in ?
    import osd     # The OSD class, used to communicate with the OSD daemon
  File "src/osd.py", line 96, in ?
    from mmpython.image import EXIF as exif
  File
"/usr/local/freevo-1.3.4/runtime/lib/python2.2/site-packages/mmpython/__init__.py",
line 86, in ?
    import disc.audioinfo
  File
"/usr/local/freevo-1.3.4/runtime/lib/python2.2/site-packages/mmpython/disc/audioinfo.py",
 line 32, in ?
    import CDDB
  File
"/usr/local/freevo-1.3.4/runtime/lib/python2.2/site-packages/mmpython/disc/CDDB.py",
line 19, in ?
    default_user = os.geteuid() or os.environ['USER'] or 'user'
  File "/usr/local/freevo-1.3.4/runtime/lib/python2.2/UserDict.py", line 14, in
__getitem__
    def __getitem__(self, key): return self.data[key]
KeyError: USER

Blurr theme got Arial_Bold.TTF hardcoded in the blurr.fxd file. And in
standard  releases there is no Arial_Bold.TTF in skin/font anymore. It
reloads  the  alternate  font VeraBd.ttf without prob. Just a cosmetic
thing.

Idlebar is not working for me. I suppose it only works in the blurr
theme but it doesn't load.

failed to load plugin idlebar
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "src/plugin.py", line 334, in __load_plugin__
Record_Thread::run: mode=idle
    p = eval('%s()' % object)
  File "<string>", line 0, in ?

Another cosmetic thing is that in local_config.py default theme is
blue_round2 but that theme is renamed isn't it. ?

And is there any usage documentation about the icecast plugin, somewhere ?.
It's not documented in the plugin itself. It fails on me when i
activate it.

And the last one, manual recording via the webinterface adds a extra hour
on my system. 22u00 is given as start time but recording is
scheduled at 23u00. Recording via the TV-guide is working ok.

  /Robert