Ok anyone have a guide to setting up lirce that is better than the install
instructions?

the lircrc file the freevo/helpers perl script creates contradicts the lirc
documentation.

does anyone have a working lircrc file that they are willing toshare so I
can figure this out?  lirc likes my remote.  I can make other apps do things
with lircd. but if I set things up as described in the freevo install docs
everything quits.

I.E. remove all the remote= sections and move the lircrc file to the
non-lircd desired location.

any ideas?