The GF2 uses an external chip to provide TV out the GF4 has it built into the core.. GF4mx's are very cheap and most provide pretty good tv out quality

Mavrick wrote:
> Just a note that the GF2 + TV-out isnt that great of a card from my
> experience with it.  The TV out looks kinda blurry.

I had that problem for a while, and switched to a second-hand
G400.  Then after a while I gave the nvidia card another shot
(this was a GF4MX based thing, but still...) and for some reason
it was a lot crisper.

As I was trying it in a different machine with a newer OS install,
I can't really say exactly what had changed to make this happen,
but it would seem to be possible to get crisp output.

Matt