Rohbags,

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 01:02, Roh . wrote:
> On Friday 05 September 2003 07:17, Pferdekaemper, Thorsten wrote:
> >3. The listings contain a Tag like <rating system=FSK>16</rating>. It seems
> >that freevo has a problem with that. I deleted the handling of this tag in
> >epg_xmltv.py to make this work. (freevo does not seem to display the rating
> >anyway.
> >

> just to let you know, if the grabber your using outputs its rating format
> like:
>
> <rating system=FSK>16</rating>
>
> instead of:
>
> <rating system=FSK>
>   <value>16</value>
> </rating>
>
> then its not to the current xmltv dtd and you should post a bug report to
> the xmltv-devel list.

The second thing is what I see in my listings that I get from
tv_grab_na, but another user sent  me his listings and they do not
appear to match the DTD and are of the first form.

> >can i see an example of this. a copy of your tv.xml in fact? I did this
> >using the tv_grab_na's output and it works fine. so any other grabber
> >output would be helpful.
>
> here an example(s) from the soon to be officaly released, currently
> "pre-release" tv_grab_au:
>
> <programme start="20030907060000 +1000" channel="C28.ebroadcast.com.au">
>    <title lang="en">Worldwatch</title>
>    <desc lang="en">Exclusive coverage of overseas satellite news and current
> affairs</desc>
> <url>http://www.sbs.com.au</url>
>    <rating system="CTVA">
>      <value>(PGna)</value>
>    </rating>
> </programme>
> <snip>

the examples are fine and what my code expected. but the system
attribute is optional and that's what my code was not accepting. I have
to replace what i have in there. I have removed it for now since only my
experimental webpage used it.

> (Mike, if you want a whole days/weeks listings gzip'd and sent to you let me
> know, or anyone else for that matter, as ive had a few emails from other
> aussies using my grabber and freevo and there has been some issues with
> freevo handling the <url> element, i havnt even had a chance to look at this
> myself yet, im just presuming the na grabber dosnt use <url>'s so there no
> support in freevo)

Generally we don't use things from xmltv until we find a use for them.
Categories weren't supported until recently when I implemented a page in
the web interface that uses them. I was adding support for rating
because i wanted to do a cheap hack to search for movies by searching to
see if they had a mpaa rating. Obviously that only works in the US but
it was a start. I am trying to recreate a feature from webvcrplus that I
miss in the current freevo web interface.

--
Mike Ruelle
[EMAIL PROTECTED]