Monday, September 22, 2003, 3:41:22 PM, keir wrote:

> 1.3.2 support for xine...I guess it did, I've made no mods to any files and
> it (freevo) is trying to launch xine when I select a DVD.  I actually tried
> using 1.3.4, but it doesn't execute properly---hangs, so I had to install
> only other version I had downloaded which was 1.3.2.  I don't have any
> experience with CVS and making sense of the changelogs while not being a
> 'developer' is no easy task.

Does xine work without freevo ?

And for freevo you need at least xine-ui 0.9.22 and grab latest xine-lib

From personal experiences i think you better want to try out 1.3.4.
remove the cache files before starting the new version in
/var/cache/freevo.

> I'd like the dvd menu support that xine is supposed to use, but I'm getting
> sick of 'fixing' each component that is necessary for freevo (already worked
> alot to make mplayer work right).

Well aren't we all sometimes but no need to express that here,
devel-people are spending a lot of there spare time to make this working for you.
Not every specific hardware can be tested and from a software standpoint most
things have to be very recent.

> I'm still facing a problem with my
> capture card (BT878-based) where I'm only getting garbage in top inch or so
> of picture and no real picture---that will I'm sure burn-up countless hours
> researching and fixing whatever the problem is.

Again does this work without freevo.

> I wish someone would answer my original question (I've posted it twice
> now)...can I simply tell freevo to use mplayer instead of xine with respect
> to DVD's?  (Hope that doesn't sound ungrateful, but frustration is setting
> in--sorry)

plugin.activate('video.mplayer')
plugin.remove('video.xine')

for mplayer