On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 17:07, Gray, Tim wrote:
> my luck the instructions here dont work as it doesnt detect the TV for me
> so I have to use nvtv...

I have a GF3 with tv out.  My "media box" has no monitor connected, only
television, so the card outputs to the television automatically.  If you
have a connected monitor, you'll likely need to use TwinView, and you'll
need nvidia binary drivers for that.

My resolution is set to 800x600 and I use nvtv for overscanning.  In my
.xinitrc, I have this:

        nvtv -t -r 800,600 -s Medium  -S NTSC

Although for some reason I need to run this twice before it's done
properly.  Picture is very stable.  It's quite a different story if I
use "800x600 Huge" though.  I seem to get a random flicker every few
seconds.

Cheers,
Jason.