Hi,

I did setup freevo succesfully to record. But I have problems recording to
divx/avi because my pc isn't powerfull enough. I have installed nuvrec and I
can record to nuv files in great quality and have enough power  (but files
are +- 5 times larger then divx).

I would like to change my vcr command to use nuvrec but the problem is that
nuvrec can't use the cannel ID but needs the channel frequency. Is there a
way to use get the frequency and not the channel ID in the local_config
file. I know freevo has a file with all info (tv/freq.py) but I don't know
how to use it exactly.

Once I have setup freevo to record with nuvrec I want to write a plugin that
encodes the nuvfiles to divx with mencoder.

Bart