Please, Dischi. I was making fun of myself. Freevo has better documentation
(and on-line support) than most other products I use (including commercial
ones).

I just pointed out the various ways that a budding user (myself) can make
life worse for themselves.

My major problems have been mixing 1.3.4, 1.4-rc1 binary install and 1.4.x
cvs versions.

In the end, most problems have been solved (no matter how bizzarre) by
noticing wrong paths, duplicate files (editing the wrong ones) and general
configuration inconsistencies.

As soon as I can, I'll contribute something. One possibly non-interesting
plugin I've been wanting to write is an ebook-reader; txt/doc/pdf/ps, with
magnifying for people with bad eyesight, etc.

It wouldn't be too hard .. I think :)  I'll get back with it as soon as I
can.

Cheers,

/Peter