I've been hopping back and forth between python 2.2/2.3 to get my problem
with the mixer.py fixed,
With 2.2 i always see

mixer.py (163): Volume = 40
mixer.py (163): IOError for ioctl
mixer.py (163): Volume = 90
mixer.py (163): IOError for ioctl
mixer.py (163): Volume = 0
mixer.py (163): IOError for ioctl
mixer.py (163): Volume = 0
mixer.py (163): IOError for ioctl

Switching to the ossmixer plugin doesn't work, as there is no ossaudiodev
module in 2.2 ...
If i try python 2.3, i get LOTS of errors about version mismatches in my
main-0.log, and i won't start about all the broken dependencies with my
distribution, since there is no python 2.3 for suse 8.2

Does anyone know how i can fix this, or at least point me to a direction
where i could look for the error?
Btw, VOL+ / VOL- doesn't work anymore, too!

TiA,
/jan