Dirk Meyer wrote:

Murray Shields wrote:

Hi All,

i recently replaced RH9 and an older version of Freevo with the
current release on a Gentoo box... I ahve all of the functionality
that I used to have... except that I cannot play any of the movie
files!

When Freevo exits it reports:

"Warning: display is set to x11, but the environment has no DISPLAY
set. Setting display to fbdev."

I am guessing that this is the issue coz the MPlayer log states:

"vo: x11 uninit called but X11 not inited..."

I am guessing the fix will be quite simple, but can anyone help?

Du you use framebuffer or X? The problem is that Freevo thinks fb, but mplayer thinks X. I guess you use frambuffer and set the mplayer output to xv or x11.

Hi,

I have experimented with different display otions, both fro freevo and for mplayer. If mplayer is set to sdl (a suggestion from the online docs) is crashes quite badly. Asides from that even if freevo is set to something else (like "fbdev") then the first error message goes away but I still get the same mplayer "x11 not inited" error.

I shoul also mention that one of the OTHER mplayer log files has the line, "Can't open input config file /root/.mplayer/input.conf: No such file or directory."

I should also mention that I am runnoing freevo directly from the command line - it is not being run from within X itself. Everything works except videos (which is quite frustrating coz it worked wonderfully on my RH9 box).

Thanks.

Murray.

Dischi

---