Peter Svensson wrote:
Hi!

I've finally gotten my hybrid cvs/sourceforge download freevo 1.4rc? to work
properly, and it's a real beauty. So maybe I haven't to find the station
logos yeat, but anyway. Almost everything works nice and feels stable.

Glad to hear it.

I have one small question concerning MAME, though. I have set up my MAME so
that it uses my USB gamepad, but I still have to press "8", et.c. to "insert
coins" and choose "player 1", etc.

Yes, that gets annoying. :)

That's all dandy, but I want to do it from the remote, since I have my
freevo cheapo-PC-box behind the TV and want to avoid leaning over everything
when I start a game.

There is no way for Freevo to control or send commands to xmame, sorry. I wish this were the case. Someone would have to write a 'slave mode' - stdin control for xmame... this is how we control mplayer and xine.

Howerver, you can setup your gamepad to do these things from inside xmame. While running press tab, it will bring up a menu and you can modify keys for indifidual or all games. Just modify they keys for coins and start for each player on their respective gamepads for all games and you will be set. :)

I am also using USB gamepads... well, actually I am using some madcatz playstation 2 controllers with PS2 to USB adapters. These gamepads have loads of buttons so there is plenty of room for things like coins, start, pause, menu, etc.

-Rob