Saturday, November 22, 2003, 12:11:20 AM, Joe wrote:

> My freevo box goes to sleep (which I'm hoping to stop). The shitty thing
> is that not only does it blank the term, but it totally goes to sleep and
> doesn't a.) record and then b.) when it wakes up the clock is set to when
> it went to sleep and doesn't update until I do a ntpdate -s.

a) Could be a number off things. Bios, Windowmanager, apm/acpi.
Google...

b) That's very weird indeed but if a) is solved you probably doesn't
   have this issue anymore.

blanking:

http://freevo.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#head-c9584b9029a6be496409c971dcc7f72460930c80

or when using redhat. http://www.knet-work.co.uk/freevo-redhat8-guide.htm

and adjust
/usr/X11R6/bin/xinit /root/freevo.xinitrc -- /usr/X11R6/bin/X -xf86config
/etc/X11/XF86Config bc
in this
/usr/X11R6/bin/xinit /root/freevo.xinitrc -- /usr/X11R6/bin/X  -xf86config
/etc/X11/XF86Config bc -s off -dpms

   /Robert