Dischi,

Please check:

a) can mplayer/xine play the dvd? Maybe it's the wrong region code?
b) do you have libdecss and if yes, what version?

I guess it' one of those. It's a bug in the c part of mmpython which
interfaces to libdvdread. Please replace dvdinfo.py in the runtime
with the attached version and send me the trace again so I can see
were it crashes.

old version:
/usr/local/src/freevo-1.4/runtime/lib/python2.3/site-packages/mmpython/disc/dvdinfo.py

Dischi

Since I am having exactly the same problem since 1.4rc2 I did what you asked and can answer your questions.

a. Yes mplayer commandline works fine, as well as xine
b. Yes I have libdvdcss version libdvdcss2-1.2.8

It happens on *some* dvd's (about 60 percent of those I rented in the past few weeks)
One example: The new Lord of the rings Two Towers extended edition (region code 2
europe).

I'm using region code 2 and it is definitely NOT a region code problem.

Here is the output with your new dvdinfo.py:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] freevo]# ./freevo

Warning: freevo_config.py was changed, please check local_config.py

You are using version 3.5, changes since then:
Version 3.7:
   Added USE_MEDIAID_TAG_NAMES as directory based variable and
   HIDE_UNUSABLE_DISCS to hide discs in the wrong menus and empty drives

Version 3.8:
   Restructured DIR_GAMES and added XMLTV_GRABBER and XMLTV_DAYS for the
   tv_grab helper script. Also added USE_NETWORK to deactivate everything
   that needs a network connection.

Version 3.9:
   Add MPLAYER_SET_AUDIO_DELAY to correct AV sync problems

Version 3.91:
   Add SKIN_FORCE_TEXTVIEW_STYLE and SKIN_MEDIAMENU_FORCE_TEXTVIEW to add
   more control when to switch to text view.

Error: TV_SHOW_DATA_DIR not found COVER_DIR not found freevo: could not connect to socket freevo: Connection refused WARNING: Could not initialize PyLirc!

WARNING: no pre-cached data
Freevo will cache each directory when you first enter it. This can
be slow. Start "./freevo cache" to pre-cache all directories to speed
up usage of freevo

Warning: freevo_config.py was changed, please check local_config.py

You are using version 3.5, changes since then:
Version 3.7:
   HIDE_UNUSABLE_DISCS to hide discs in the wrong menus and empty drives

Version 3.8:
   Restructured DIR_GAMES and added XMLTV_GRABBER and XMLTV_DAYS for the
   tv_grab helper script. Also added USE_NETWORK to deactivate everything
   that needs a network connection.

Version 3.9:
   Add MPLAYER_SET_AUDIO_DELAY to correct AV sync problems

Version 3.91:
   Add SKIN_FORCE_TEXTVIEW_STYLE and SKIN_MEDIAMENU_FORCE_TEXTVIEW to add
   more control when to switch to text view.

open1 Pygame Parachute Traceback: Thread-0x8024c038 File "/usr/local/freevo-1.4/runtime/lib/python2.3/threading.py", line 204, in wait Thread-0x8021bb20 File "/usr/local/freevo-1.4/runtime/lib/python2.3/threading.py", line 204, in wait Thread-0x80185878 File "/usr/local/freevo-1.4/runtime/lib/python2.3/threading.py", line 204, in wait Thread-0x8016e3f8 File "/usr/local/freevo-1.4/runtime/lib/python2.3/site-packages/mmpython/disc/dvdinfo.py", line 97, in isDisc Thread-0x80015200 File "/usr/local/freevo-1.4/src/util/misc.py", line 490, in __call__ Fatal Python error: (pygame parachute) Segmentation Fault

c./freevo: line 1: 2367 Aborted $RUNAPP $PYTHON $OPTIMZE $FREEVO_PYTHON/main.py $@

With the original dvdinfo.py I got the same stacktrace as Justin T Wetherell, i.e. crashing on dvdinfo.py line 88

I upgraded all packages I can find. Running mandrake.

Hope this is usefull info. Some DVD's with different IFO's work fine. Kernel does NOT report any IO errors on the disc.

Zeratul

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: SF.net Giveback Program. Does SourceForge.net help you be more productive? Does it help you create better code? SHARE THE LOVE, and help us help YOU! Click Here: http://sourceforge.net/donate/ _______________________________________________ Freevo-users mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freevo-users