I found the following in my main logfile;

---
Freevo start at Tue Dec  2 18:47:54 2003
---
config.py (562): Logging to /var/log/freevo/main-0.log
Error: VIDEO_SHOW_DATA_DIR not found
Virtual filesystem activated
WARNING: PyLirc not found, lirc remote control disabled!
osd.py (457): Setting fullscreen mode to 1
skin not found, using fallback skin

It doesn't find the crystal skin I put in /usr/share/freevo, and it seems
like something overrides my local_config.py, which might explain my problems
with the missing game item/double images items.

/Peter