Benjamin Zeiss wrote:
hi rob,

--On Wednesday, December 03, 2003 10:38:50 -0400 Rob Shortt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am pleased with the performance of the open source X driver for the
epia.  I am running Debian Sid (unstable), self patched & built kernel,
and XFree86 CVS snapshot.  I am using both mplayer and xine (using xv
video output methods of each) and the playback of everything from divx to
dvd is just fine.  I am running X with a resolution of 720x480 with
overscan.

does this mean that the Xfree 4.4 via driver supports the tv stuff which is also found in the binary driver minus hardware mpeg2 decoding? i hesitated to build the 4.4 snapshot for two reasons: code freeze for 4.4 is really soon and i wanted to wait for the final thing and i wasn't sure whether the xfree via driver supported the tv stuff as well.

I don't have a list of each of their features but it supports tv-out just fine.

-Rob