something that will blend in with my other home theater gear. Anyone
have any unique solutions to keeping it quiet and cool?

- Overspec everything, especially CPU fans
- I buy all my power supplies and cooling stuff from pcpowerandcooling.com. Their Ultra-Quiet line of PSU's really are that quiet. Same with the Silencer Fans.
- Buy hard disks with Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) technology. Just about everything from Seagate and Maxtor has this nowadays.

I have a box with a 550W PSU (not PCPower, someone else. I had it already, not worth throwing away because it was quiet), 5 hard disks (1 seagate, 4 maxtor), Dual Athlons w/ PC Power and Cooling CPU coolers, and 4 PC Power and Cooling Silencer 80mm case fans.

My refrigerator is louder, and really all you can hear is the fan noise, and that is white noise, so it's actually relaxing. It's about a meter from my bed and doesn't bother me at all. CPU temp is a stable 40C.
--
Windows: not only do you pay the licensing fees, but
you get to buy thousands of dollars of firewalls to