Mick wrote:
On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 18:44, Juha Pahkala wrote:
- Has anybody looked into having dvb support in freevo? I only have a
digital tv-card in my box, and it'd be great if freevo would support
that too. I have absolutely no idea what this would involve, just
dreaming.

Yes. I purchased myself a dvb-s card (Hauppage Nexus-s) and plan on adding very basic DVB support in the new year. I will do as much of this as I can natively in Freevo, it will be handled similarly to the ivtv (pvr-X50) support.

I know someone with a dvb card who has the same question.  apparently
dvb is almost an mpeg2 stream plucked straigh out of the air..  the only
real issue is that freevo doesn't play anything, so you would nbeed to
pick yourself a dvb player and then integrate that into freevo.  The
real answer i think at this time is no, but it would be a welcome
feature..

Some handling of dvb could be done by mplayer or xine as well.

- Integrating some im / email client as a freevo plugin, and then use
the remote to interact with it. The text input could work similarily to
what cell phones have today. Could be nice for some short messages.

I've thought about that a bit. You mean devloping a text input which is similar to the nokia keypad like hitting 1 three times in quick succession to get a 'c'? This would be good and could also be used to the password feature which is already there.. Just a matter of buidling a database of keys really..

Our text input fields behave like this already. :) It is just a matter of adapting it for an email or IM client.

-Rob