FrÃn: Jon Morris
Till: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skickat: 2003-12-23 23:04
Ãmne: [Freevo-users] New Linux/Freevo install

Hello everyone...  I have been lurking for about a month now while I
gather the needed parts for a new pc.  I finally have most of the
hardware (just missing the tuner card, more on that shortly) together.
This server will be dedicated to Freevo so I don't want to install
anything that is not needed.  I am a little more familiar with Mandrake
that the other distro's so I planned on using that.  What is needed for
the installation; Apache, KDE, etc?  I don't have a very large hard
drive right now so I don't want to waste the space on unneeded programs.

Also, I still haven't picked up a tuner card.  Any recomendations for an
inexpensive card?  I want to see if this concept lives up to my
expectations prior to buying a larger hard drive and buying a HDTV tuner
card (my final goal).

Any input would be great, I am a total newbie at using Freevo and a
relative newbie with Linux.

Thanks,
Jon

NHY??X'u<S:+l(?{^?,T^Ãlz|?$YlJ('?LZxÅ?j[yjzob?kay6^?[h+vh
Xz0iq?&?bw]e?~?'z&j)b bky??X(?~zw?i?lÃqzl?X)?yo