I'm sure we all struggle with the jungle of image formats, especially if you own a widescreen TV. With the inclusion of a per-filetype option in the local config a lot has improved, but I still findmyself in need of setting a specific set of crop and resize and/or aspect ratio options for a given movie and so far I've been forced to change the global option to get this working.

Looking at the fxd file spec, there is an mplayer option tag which ought to allow for the use of local overrides of which parameters get sent to mplayer, but it appears to be ignored by the parser. I'm sure that this should work if I just set the tag correctly, unfortunately the wiki page for fxdfile doesn't explain this option properly at all.

Hopefully someone will know how to help me out on this?

Cheers,

Ole Andre