Excerpts (reformatted) from Youri van Gorselen's mail of 26 Jan 2004 (EST):
> I think u have CONFIG_MATROX_MAVEN in your kernel compiled. Remove it and
> that error is gone :)

Well, I had tried that previously, and this is what I got (I actually have it
as a module at this point):

  (*) Single Application Core. (with MMX support) (2004-01-25 08:34)
  (*) DirectFB/misc/memcpy: using MMXEXT optimized memcpy()
  (*) DirectFB/InputDevice: Keyboard 0.9 (convergence integrated media GmbH)
  (*) MMX detected and enabled
  (*) DirectFB/GraphicsDevice: Matrox G400/G450/G550 0.6 (convergence integrated media
GmbH)
  Can't get CRTC2 layer - Not supported!
  Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.

So both ways give me an error. I'm beginning suspect at this point that this
is a problem with DirectFB, so I will ask on their list.

> P.S. I had the same error with CVS version as well. 9.20 seems to fixed it
> tho. And if u can't compile it like u said. Look if /usr/include/linux is
> setup correctly. I'm running 2.4.24 with G400clock 32mb and multi patch
> however i couldn't get directfb to compile with -multi but that's not a big
> deal with freevo.

There are definitely weird interactions with the Debian provision of
/usr/include/linux (from the linux-kernel-headers package) and DirectFB 0.9.20,
but even if I manually point /usr/include/linux and /usr/include/asm to the
kernel 2.4.24 directories, I get compile errors with 0.9.20.

Thanks for your help.

--
William <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>