Dave wrote:
> has anyone got any tips or suggestions as what options I could try to squeeze
> those few extra fps's out of my machine?

Use a faster codec, like MPEG1?  The image quality at the same
bitrate isn't usually quite as good, but on the other hand you
ought to be able to get smooth video on a lower-end machine.

Alternately, have you considered one of the WinPVR cards?
Those do the encoding for you, so you just need to move data
around.

Matt

--
  "If you're a real good kid, I'll give you a piggy-back ride on a buzz-saw."
                                                              -- W. C. Fields