At the moment I'm using the onboard tv-out of my nforce2 mainboard (Shuttle XPC), but I am not entirely happy with the quality of its TV-out. The geometry is way off - it has a very noticeable trapeze and bulge shape, and the colours are far too hot and tend to smear. I do have an old Matrox G200 AGP card lying about, but it doesn't have an SVHS or composite out.

I have a vague recollection that these cards can be modded for TV-out using a simple SVGA to SVHS rewiring, but is this the same as the adapters they are currently selling for the G450&500 cards? And if I do get one of these, will the G200 be equivalent to these newer cards in terms of image quality and level of driver compatibility?

Hope someone in the know will respond.

Cheers,
Ole Andre