On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 05:25, Joe Stump wrote:
> Well 1.5 managed to completely kill a fully working version of Freevo on
> my box. I upgraded with apt-get a couple of days ago and held my breath
> as it successfully recorded two of my favorites. But wait! A new bug in
> the system: the recorded show played in the background.
>
> Some browsing around yielded some info that I found useful:
> http://freevo.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/RecordingInfo
>
> I muted the line in and Oprah recorded just fine with sound (don't ask)
> - I figured all was well ... doh. Seinfeld recorded WITHOUT SOUND later
> that night and all subsequent attempts to get recording working with
> sound (both btaudio *AND* line in) are not working.
>
> Anyone out there actually have 1.5 working? Could people send some
> example mplayer/VCR_CMD lines? I'm at a loss while recording was working
> just fine (no background noise, sound during playback) in 1.4 and is now
> TOTALLY broken in 1.5 - especially since I haven't touched anything
> except Freevo ... except those pesky aumix commands ...
>
> --Joe

Hi Joe,

I had the same issue as you with recording being heard as the recording
was being recorded. :) I also had tried to mute the line in but then it
recorded with no sound. I also tried the btaudio trick which also did
not work for me because I don't think my wintv card supports it?

What I finally did was set the aumix command to record at 50%, I
couldn't hear it being recorded unless I put my ear close to the
speaker. When I play it back I can turn it up and hear it just as well
as listening to the tv, so I could probably lower it even less than 50%
and still be able to hear it fine during playback.

Hope that helps,

Jon