One problem which I didn't really notice until I switched from using XV on my onboard nforce IGP to MGAFB on my G450 is that I'm getting some rather extreme tearing during horizontal pans both when watching live TV and when recording. It doesn't appear all the time, but does seem to be more prominent when watching some channels.

I suspect that this is really the interlacing of the original signal, but it doesn't show up as expected - at an estimate I'd say there are about 8-10 scanlines in each 'tear' line, and not every second line as would be expected in an interlaced signal.

I could switch to tvtime, but I haven't tested this program using the matrox framebuffer yet and anyway, I need mencoder to record the video.

Does anyone recognize the symptoms and know a fix ?

--
Ole Andre