Från: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Till: freevo mailing list post
Skickat: 2004-04-30 00:00
Ämne: [Freevo-users] still no sound on recording, almost ready to throw in
towel ...

Hi again,
sorry to be a bother, I'm feeling a bit stupid that I cant seem to get
sound on my tv recording, after studying the wiki and trying to follow
it very carefully:

btaudio will just not work for me, the driver loads correctly but
mencoder crashes when I try to use it.

attempting the OSS / line in method, I plugged my patch cable in and
tried:

aumix -1 80 -1 R -i 1; mencoder -tv
on:driver=v4l:input=0:norm=NTSC:channel=5:width=320:height=240:adevice=/
dev/dsp:audiorate=32000:forceaudio:forcechan=1:buffersize=128 -oac
mp3lame -lameopts br=128:cbr:mode=3 -ovc lavc --ffourcc divx -o
/home/mary/movies/recorded/fox.avi tv://

on the above command mencoder will record a video, and report that a
sound file has been created of X size, but the recording is silent!!!!!
mplayer plays tv properly with audio thru the patch cable.  the one
wrinkle in my setup is that I am trying to use the PCI sound card rather
than the onboard VIA controller ... but should that matter? xmms and
mplayer use the PCI card just fine.  maybe my "aumix" line needs a tweak
to point it to the correct sound card some how?  I'm just at a loss, I
don't want to give up on freevo yet but can't get used to watching
recorded shows without sound :(

thanks in advance,
Mary