-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Dirk Meyer
Sent: Sunday, 18 April 2004 2:49 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Freevo-users] Strange DVD problems with mmpython

Hi,

some people reported a strange problem: some DVDs are _sometimes_
shown as normal cds. My new Finding Nemo DVD has the same problem:
insert it, it's a cd and this error is cached forever :-(. But if I
remove the cache and try again, it's a DVD. If I insert a different
DVD and the strange DVD later and remove the cache, it's a cd again.

This bug is somewhere in libdvdread. I tried to find it, ifoOpen fails
with a read error (also shown in /var/log/messages). I have no idea
why this happens only when the disc is new in the drive. I also found
out that lsdvd works for some reason. I compared the code -- no
differences at this point (in fact, it's only DVDOpen and ifoOpen). If
someone can find this bug, please send a patch to the list.

As a quick solution and also for runtime users I made something which
is bad for the original mmpython design: I wrote a lsdvd wrapper for
mmpython. If you have problems with some discs, install lsdvd and get
mmpython from cvs.

Dischi

--
/* After several hours of tedious analysis, the following hash
 * function won.  Do not mess with it... -DaveM