On Thu 27.05.2004 at 04:55:42PM +0300, Juha Pahkala wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> And a big thanks to all of you guys, I didn't realize that it already
> works somewhat with a little setup work. I'll have to try it out.
>
> I think I'll start with your solution Metthieu, since I'd like to be able
> to at least watch live-tv and control the recordings from the tv. Would it
> be possible for you to send me the (relevant parts of the) local_conf.py
> file since it seems that would be a great starting point for me aswell.

I haven't implemented anything yet! I use my work's laptop to connect to
my freevo box, load the DVB modules, and run my DVB recorder and mplayer
in 2 xterms :) No time to do something clean about DVB, remember :)

What you can try however is to replace "tv://" with "dvb://" in your
local_conf.py (and remove the codec-related stuff there), and tweak the
channels thingy so that it uses DVB channel names instead of UHF/VHF
channel names. This should allow mencoder to record from DVB and put the
data into an .avi file. I'm not sure how well it works, though.

Sorry for the disappointment...

Matthieu
--
 (~._.~)        Matthieu Weber - Université de Jyväskylä         (~._.~)
  ( ? )                email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]                  ( ? )