Hello all,

I want to make recording from my saa7134 based capturing functional, from
what i see untill now
i guess the best way to do this is by using a second soundcard?
Untill now I use the alsa sound driver as audiodriver.
By using a second soundcard the most degree of freedom is available when
using the computer simultaniously
as as "playback" device for mplayer or other players? (I use 2 applications
freevo and madplay driven
from a webinterface based upon coolmp3 and some selfmade scripts)

Is this assumption correct? or is the input sound by using the OSS emulation
of the saa7134 based driver
isolated from the output sound / settings?

Futhermore i was wondering wether the TV interface (menu item) is locked
while capturing (recording) is active.

Thanks in advance
Fons van der Beek