Figured it was about time I took a look at 1.5rc3.  I've been using
1.4 for ages with no real problems, so wasn't in much of a rush to
upgrade.  I use Freevo as an interface for playing audio and video,
not for recording or TV stuff.

Got it all working nicely, except for one thing:  when playing back
captures from DVB (I'm doing the captures externally to Freevo by tzap
| ts2ps > file.mpg) I can't seek any more, and when I exit mplayer
Freevo crashes.  Here's what's in the log:

IndexError: string index out of range
Crash!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/freevo/main.py", line 496, in ?
    MainTread().run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/freevo/main.py", line 353, in run
    self.eventhandler(rc.get_event(True))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/freevo/main.py", line 309, in eventhand
ler
    if not rc.app()(event):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/freevo/video/plugins/mplayer.py", line
470, in eventhandler
    if self.item_length <= self.item.elapsed + event.arg:
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'int' and 'str'

I'd be happy enough to run with the whole seek-past-end checking thing
disabled for the time being, as I don't watch stuff while it's being
recorded.  Presumably that's what I'd need to do to work around this
for the moment?

How would I go about doing that?

Also, while I'm here:  I've noticed that 'freevo cache' is a little
fragile and tends to barf if there are weirdly-named files (e.g., I
had a file called ".mpg" in one directory, not sure how it got there)
or if it encounters symlinks to files that don't exist.  While these
cases probably shouldn't exist, it'd be best if Freevo simply noted
that there was something odd going on and continued.

Thanks.

Matt