Nicholas Ruddick wrote:
> I'm using a recent CVS version of Freevo and having problems with a
> memory leak, once i've looked at about 50 pictures it just slows down
> and then exits. I have CACHE-IMAGES off but have the image transition
> thing on default. Any ideas?

That was a strange bug. It was a bug in the blend effect. The
Transition had a dict pointing to it's member functions. This results
in a circular dep and the garabge collector didn't work.

This bug has affects on other parts of Freevo, too. In this case we
had a visual proof in top of the problem, but I guess other parts of
Freevo have the same problem (parent->child links).

But fixed in CVS and for other parts of Freevo it doesn't matter for
1.5

Dischi

--
Real Men don't make backups.  They upload it via ftp and let the world
mirror it.