Ivan Pantovic wrote:

Hm... i think it would be wise to remove plugin game from the freevo configuration if you are using dfbmga. I tried almoust everything and was unable to make xmame.sdl to work on dfbmga.
There was a patch for 0.8x older version of xmame to workaround troubles with sdl and directfb .. but i can't find it any more.
If there is someone outthere who made it work I and probably others would appreciate some info on it.

Regards

Rob Shortt wrote:

Ducson Nguyen wrote:

File "/usr/local/src/freevo-1.5-rc4/src/osd.py", line 375, in __init__
pygame.display.init()
pygame.error: No available video device

Make sure you have directfb compiled and installed fine, rebuild libSDL with support for directfb. When you rebuild SDL it _should_ detect your installed directfb (make sure you run ldconfig beforehand) but you may nee to explicitly tell it where its installed. Then you will have to rebuild pygame and hopefully it will work ok.

If its still broken maybe you can try using:

export SDL_DIRECTFB_MGA_CRTC2=1
export SDL_DIRECTFB_MGA_STRETCH=1

Before starting Freevo.

-Rob

I have some patches for dfbmga that get most game emulators to work. Try em out and let me know: They work for me fine.

http://68.44.113.145