On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 23:00 +0100, Joel Mansford wrote:
> I have a Hauppauge DEC-2000T (USB 2.0 DVB-T) box which I would like to
> use on my Suse 9.1 box.  This machine has a Matrox G550 card with one
> head on my TFT and another on my TV.
>

> So far Iʼve had little luck in getting the DEC box working with Suse
> 9.1.
>
> I would like to turn this machine in to a dedicated Freevo box and so
> would like to hear suggestions as to a good distribution to use to
> minimise hassle in getting Freevo working.

Mandrake will be including freevo in Mandrake 10.1 due out in about a
month. Installing will be as simple as 'urpmi freevo' which is nice.
RPMS are available for Mdk10 and work fine as well (see the wiki for
info). There are also RPMS for FC2 and packages for Debian but I haven't
any experience of these personally. Some of the main developers use
Debian AFAIK so there should be good support there. At the end of the
day I guess it's personal preference but Mandrake has worked out pretty
well for me