Monday, August 30, 2004, 6:29:56 AM, Mick wrote:

>> Well using option II with success. Some of mine config files to get you going.
>>
> Great, thanks for the feedback..  I think I  must have some system
> issues then.  Just noticed when trying "/etc/init.d/autofs restart" I
> get a !! error when trying to shut down.  Same with stop.

I vaguely recall that i had the same issues in the beginning, not sure
what solved it though, sorry.

> Trying from the command line (automount dirname /etc/autofs/auto.smbnet)
> Returns nothing and when grepping for process I see nothing (ps aux |
> grep automount is empty)
> Can you grep for the same and tell me what you see??

 5410 ?        S      0:00 /usr/sbin/automount --timeout 30 /smbnet file
/etc/autofs/auto.smbnet

>> cat /etc/autofs/auto.master
>> cat /etc/autofs/auto.smbnet

> Mine are the same.. Tell me, have you created all the dirs?  Which dirs
> are automagically made by autofs?

You don't have to create any dirs, autofs will do that for you.

>> local.conf.py
>>
>> VIDEO_ITEMS = [ ('Movies', '/media/movies/Films'),
>>                 ('XP movies','xp:/smbnet/xp'),
>>                 ('Jazz captures', '/media/movies/Jazz'),
>>                 ('Storage movies','storage:/smbnet/storage')]
>>
>> Notice the hostname xp or storage before the path, it tries to ping
>> the hostname and when succesfull the entry shows up in the menu.
>>
> Thanks for this.  How does storage go if this is not a pingable device?

Well leave it out then, it does show up in the menu i believe but you
can't enter it.

>> Good luck.
>>
> ;-)
>>
> Mick