On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 01:49, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> Justin wrote:
> > What I would like to do is either zoom and crop on the fly, or have an
> > option to start watching a channel using a choice of either 16:9
> > (standard stream) or zoomed/cropped.  In effect an option to use one of
> > two different mplayer arguments to start watching the stream.
>
> Maybe you can add some mplayer options in the config for that? But
> that is more a player problem than a Freevo one.

Thanks for your reply Dischi.

I know which mplayer options I need to use to crop the stream.  The
freevo question I have is how can I choose between two different mplayer
options when selecting a channel to watch. As different programming will
require different (known) mplayer settings.

i.e.  I select a program from the tv guide.  If I press remote control
button A it plays the channel with mplayer arguments suitable for
widescreen, but if I press remote control button B it plays with mplayer
arguments that crop the image to 4:3.

I hope this makes more sense.

Regards,

Stygen