Fons van der Beek wrote:

Tnx
i've changed it into:
-Connected to HTPC by SVHS or RGB (cinch or scart)
allthough the output on your videcard is cinch (also in Europe)

Ok, thank you. Actually, the output on my videocard (Matrox G400 DH) in that case is:
- either the original Matrox TV-out adapter which has a weird mini DIN 7 female connector (weird just because one cannot find any matching 7-pins male connector, those 7-pins that are available do not fit, only the standard S-Video connector which also matches, but leaves some of the pins unconnected), or
- a custom-made VGA to SCART cable carrying the RGB signal (which I actually use now). To be noted, this is the 2nd VGA connector of the Matrox DH, and the diversification even goes further, as a custom VGA2SCART RGB cable for the first head can also be built, but that one is slightly different as you have to compose vertical and horizontal syncs into one composite sync for the SCART.

But, anyway, I agree if someone argues that tampering with the soldering iron and transistors, resistors and maybe ICs is not stuff that anyone is willing to do ;-) ...

Regards,
Lucian