-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Eric
Jorgensen
Sent: 11 October 2004 17:18
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Freevo-users] Freevo Survey

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:58:49 +0100
"Neil" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The question was type of IR remote control. I am using a remote
control
> which inputs into the keyboard socket. Firmware matches the keyboard
> buttons to keyboard scancodes.
>
> This is only an example which applies to me. The overall thought was
> others just putting random data which might not be too helpful

   I was doing this until something went funny in my ir keyboard's
receiver.

   I was going one level weirder -- usb to kb/mouse adapter, ripped out
of
it's molded casing and soldered directly to the board from the keyboard
receiver, plugged into a motherboard usb header, and the ir sensor out
on
the front of the case. Which was neat for the week or two that it
functioned. I haven't re-investigated yet.