Yes. It fetches information from teletext service on slected channels. Unfortunatly this information isn't very wide spread where I am, so I have been unable to test it. Secondly, it requires the tuner to be on said channel(s) during update, and Thirdly, is doesn't have to be synced with actual program times and so doesn't have to be anymore accurate than the usual sources..

However it does decode from the vbi, and seemingly also the pdc tags, so the code could definatly prove reusable.

- Styx

Gedeco wrote:

http://nxtvepg.sourceforge.net/man.html

At first glance looks usefull as a alternative to tvgrab for creating
xmltv listings with PDC info.

A first step?

We have these current program pages in Denmark also, however its my
experience that they also aren't quiet up to sync.. often 5-10mins. off..

Just tried with my bttv card using v4l2 drivers in kernel 2.6.8, and its
fully capable of accessing teletext(/dev/vbi) and video (dev/video)
simultanious. However, changing channel changes for both devices of
course.

The PDC Signal is available for all bbc stations, rtl and most other
german, and serveral other european broadcasts. its embedded as a
special teletext frame, and can be read as such. much easier than
decoding an entire page and parsing it :)

- Styx

Fons van der Beek wrote:

reading this also pointed out at teletext, a solution for the netherlands
could handle:

Teletekest ned1,2,3                         page 222/1      displays
current program
Rtl 4,rtl5, Yorin                                page 210/1     displays
current program
net 5,fox kids,SBS6                         page 292/1     displays
current program

Germany:
Prosieben                                         page 333
displays current program
die "RTL"'s also have a simular page! (i just couldn't select it on
internet)

UK
BBC?

A capturing card capable of teletext can simultanioous look at teletekst while recording thus determin wheter a show is ended or not .............

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jesper Mathiassen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2004 1:15 PM Subject: Re: [Freevo-users] Teletext and PDC recording

I tried this, but my xmltv resource (www.tv2.dk) does not update timing
due to late shows etc. I figured the recording server could be modified
to look for pdc codes on a channel which its about to record on, if pdc
is present, find the tag for the show to record (this is just a
combination of the starting time iirc), and wait for the pdc go-code.
When recording, simply look to the pdc code to change. A stop code is
included in the pdc standard, but seemingly most channels just transmits
a new start code...

There's a very exhaustive explanation of PDC here:
http://625.uk.com/pdc/

This may of course have some impact on live-tv prior to recording, which
of-course might limit the use of PDC. Personally however, I use Freevo
mostly for recording and watching recording, and my ordinary tv for
viewing actual live-tv. (Basicly a harddisk-based vcr.. )

I also have a few ideas for implementing time-shifting, since
apparently, this is not yet done ?