On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:31:57 +0200, Dale Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Fons van der Beek wrote:
>
> >Dale,
> >
> >hmmmmmmmm, i took a look at tikiwiki........it looks great..............how about
> >that one?
> >it looks like it has some good user/login features.
> >
> >I played around for about 30 mins and i was able to create almost the same looks as
> >the current site
> >a big working example (not that pretty, but very functional) at www.voip-info.org.
> >
> >I will play a little bit around with it and will try to give an answer to the
> >security and functionality
> >Unfortunatly i have not that much time this weekend, but I will let you know
> >something.
> >
> >Kind regards
> >Fons van der Beek
> >

> Cheers to Netherland, just got back from Amsterdam :)
>
> Anyway - this beast? I installed this twice - once a year ago and a
> month ago I gave that a second try.
> Ah, well, it is OK as Wiki. However, it has got tempting features like
> forums (LOL) and calendars and all this stuff ... and then it becomes
> kind of a hell to manage :) We _wanted_ to use that as internal CMS
> however are looking for replacement. The biggest issue is the rendering
> in diferent browsers and using different skins.
>
> Some skins are simply not usable at all :( The best one is the default
> one, the one you have on your page.
>
> Also, in Mozilla (Windows/Linux) I get screwed pages quite regularly,
> simply rendered all wrong :( Same is true in MSIE and Opera. But this we
> experienced in forums and calendars. Forums are not popular here anyway
> so it does not have to bother me ;)
>
> Ifr we use this for freevo WIKI only, it is OK. After recent experience
> I would like to avoid turning on some of the other modules.

What about Zope/Plone? It's implementation seems to be good (php
projects often sucks) and is in python :)

Anyway, you said about a lot of features, we just need:
  - a photo album/gallery so we can put our screen shots
  - a main page with news
  - documentation that could be edited by users... I would keep with some wiki

If you really like the forum idea, which many developers don't, set it
up too... but I don't garantee I'll read it.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri