This problem is not exclusively on framebuffer. I run Freevo using x11
and the nv driver (not Nvidias own, since they produce a weird blue line
around xv output.. any tips on this is welcome.. )
If I run xine, It will run and display fine until I quit, (eg, from
playing a dvd), then it will freeze and hardlock the machine until
reboot. my Xine command is very close to yours, except I use xine, not
fbxine and --prio=-5. However, if I let the content run out and xine
quits by itself, it will not bug.
I use Freevo 1.5.1 on Fedora Core 2, a setup which is otherwise very
stable..

Jesper