> > Can someone please give me a clue how to implement passing that option
> > to mplayer on playback?
>
> Wel Japie, If you add the following to your movie_name.fxd file after
> the </video>
>
>        <variants>
>            <variant>
>                <part ref="f1" mplayer_options="-edl">
>                    <subtitle id="f1">movie_name.avi.edl</subtitle>
>                </part>
>            </variant>
>        </variants>
>
> And change video/plugins/mplayer.py line 330 '-sub' to '-edl' it should
> be working...
> This is a ugly hack, maybe someone else has a bether idea?
> Furthermore I have no clue how to make freevo write these entry's
> automaticly in the fxd on recording...

You will need to make yourself a new record plugin.  Base if off
genericrecord.py, and make it create the edl stuff post recording,
then write the fxd changes as per the fxd creation already in that
plugin..  I can't think of any other way..  If the edl gets done with
a POST_REC command, it won't have the fxd details to be able to write
to..   think since you have gotten this far you should be capable of
doing the rest..  Good work!

Also, if you get time, un-hack your hack, make it a 'feature'  (ie
make edl and sub work together), and submit a patch!  You are very
close to having created your own feature that others will certainly
use, again, good work!.

Mick