Hello,

I decided to switch from mga_vid to dfbmga and definitely the picture
quality is better. However, mplayer seems to be a lousy DVD player. It can
play only about half of DVDs I tested. In addition, subtitles worked wrong
in about half of those that could be played (wrong language)and if I
selected another audio, nothing could be heard -- and, of course, DVD menus
do not work. That is a pity because dfbmga picture quality is much better
than the quality of an ordinary DVD player.

I know that df_xine (in DirectFB-extras) can output to a selected directfb
layer. Has anyone succeeded in using df_xine with Freevo? If so, how?

Kari